Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back to Painting?

The only painting I have been able to do in over a week, has been at yesterday's art class. Between running errands, preparing for and having guests, taking care of garden and home, has been little time or energy for it. I am spending this morning doing more garden work- needs a good soaking, plus pulling up corn plants, no more from them this year.
One thing that will help is that I am able to have my paints and other supplies out again, which makes sitting down and painting much easier. Oh, to have a studio where it can stay out all the time! Don't ever see that happening, too much expense, but one can dream.
Just had a call that there will be a Coleman Fine Arts League board meeting tomorrow morning, just one more thing to pull me away from home and art. Being involved is nice, but I find myself resenting time I have to spend away from what I truly want to be doing! Guess I am selfish with my time. I think, since I am coming back to art after such a long time, I feel I have to make up for all of that lost time. I have so much I would like to accomplish but I can't get better unless I can spend more time at painting.
Not only is painting on my list but also graphite, pen and ink, along with watercolor pencil. So much to do, so little time! I think I have voiced that lament before. Oh well, one can only do what one can do, so guess I had better just take each day as it comes and not worry about it.
Heading back to the garden to move the sprinkler. Guess painting will have to wait until this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment