Friday, August 7, 2009

Excited

I promise to post a photo next time I write here. Just haven't gotten to it lately.
Had to write to say how excited I have been over the last couple of weeks. My level of creativity has just overflowed. Not sure why or how long it will last but has been so much fun. Some of it comes from learning new things in my art class, subjects and techniques I hadn't seen before or never thought of doing. Mostly, though, I think I am finally relaxing and enjoying myself, not worrying so much about the outcome but what I learn in the process.
There are times when a nasty little thought creeps into my head. "Why bother with your art? There are so many other artists out there doing the same thing, what makes you think you can do it better or that anyone will ever like what you do?" This thought used to stop me in my tracks and kill my urge to paint. Now, however, I answer back, I don't care!!! This is fun, no matter how things turn out and no matter if anyone else likes it or not. So there!
I know I have a lot to learn and I am going to enjoy getting to the next level, which I know I will, eventually. Until then, because I am having so much fun, I am painting more. By painting more, I will get better than much faster.
There are no deadlines and I am fortunate not to have to sell my art to survive (thank goodness for that or I would starve!). I can relax, have fun and gradually get to where I am going, where ever that may be!

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness you are listening to that little voice that is telling you to have fun -- that is the point! Yahoooo! You know, other artists and what they are doing are very interesting, but they don't count in your personal art world when it comes to your own journey, do they? :-)

    ReplyDelete