Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Time Flies!

Another long absence from my blog.  Guess I just can't get into it, so much to do each day, this seems to stay at the bottom of the list.  My latest drawing is pictured here, a lichen I found growing on an oak twig, done mostly in graphite with a touch of colored pencil.  It will be entered in the Ballinger Mini-show next week.
My studio is up and running.  It is even better than I expected.  So nice to have plenty of room, know where everything is and not have to put everything away each time I finish for the day.  Time flies while I am working, no interruptions from phone, husband or dog. 
Recently, while doing alot of heavy lifting, moving into the studio and helping hubby with chores and heavy duty garden hoeing, woke one morning with swollen painful hands.  When it didn't resolve itself in a timely fashion, made an appointment with the doctor.  Blood tests run and x-rays taken.  Diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, either caught very early or a very mild case.  After feeling horrified at first and fearing for my art career, realized that it could be alot worse, meds are helping and I am feeling fine.  Have had to make adjustments in the time I spend on my art; more frequent breaks and limiting sessions but otherwise things are going well.  This isn't something I am running about telling folks or announcing on social media or elsewhere.  Also, not keeping it as a secret, just going on with things and explaining to folks if it happens to come up.  One day at a time, no sense getting all bent out of shape when things could be ever so much worse.
Latest project started, a rather complicated still life that could prove very interesting or could send me to the funny farm!
As time goes on, I find myself so much more relaxed about my art.  Enjoying the process more than worrying about the outcome.  The list of things I want to try and to accomplish is long and I am looking forward, happily, to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment